Under-researched or orphan crops
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Feedback from conference participants-Part 2

Go down

Feedback from conference participants-Part 2 Empty Feedback from conference participants-Part 2

Post  Admin Fri Oct 05, 2007 2:46 pm

Wed, 26 Sep 2007
Dear All,
It was pleasing, instructive, informative and most fruitful meeting. Many thanks and great felicitations to our hosts Zerihun and Cris
Nagib Nassar, Universidade de Brasília, Brazil.

Thu, 27 Sep 2007
Greetings from Ghana. All is well in Ghana, and I am looking forward to hearing and collaborating with all of you. Hear from you soon.
Emmanuel Otoo, Yam Breeder, Crops Research Institute, Kumasi, Ghana.

Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2007
Dear All,
Congratulations to Zerihun and Cris for an excellent initiative and a great accomplishment. The success of the Bern meeting is already taking shape in an active networking of the participants! Those of you working on or interested in Cassava may meet again during the international conference on cassava our institute is organizing in Ghent next year http://www.ipbo.ugent.be/cassava.html On a smaller scale we hope to organize a meeting on Lathyrus sativus (grass pea), the neglected orphan crop and neurolathyrism, the neglected orphan disease in Ethiopia next year. I will keep you posted on this development (ideas for sponsoring are welcome). Looking forward to meeting again and best wishes,
Fernand Lambein
Lambein Fernand, Internat. Plant Biotechnology for Developing Countries,Gent, Belgium.

Thu, 27 Sep 2007
Yes, you are right Fernand. The success of Bern meeting has taken the shape of a network of orphan crops. I would suggest to Cris and Zerihun take initiation of registering this society at Bern: International Society of Orphan Crops, hosted now by IPL. In the future, it may be hosted by who will organize the next meeting (may be by you Fernand), since you have already took steps toward the next meeting. Best regards to All,
Nagib Nassar, Universidade de Brasília, Brazil.

Fri, 28 Sep 2007
Hello Everyone,
I am writing to give you my new work email address B.TILL@iaea.org . Please contact me at this address if you have an interest in learning more about TILLING or Ecotilling, or are interested in a collaboration.It was great to meet everyone. Kudos to Zerihun and Cris for a truly enjoyable conference! Warm regards,
Brad Till, FAO/IAEA Joint Project, Vienna, Austria.

Fri, 28 Sep 2007
Dear all,
Please accept my Warmest Greetings from Egypt. Every thing is going well in Egypt , So, Welcome all of you to Egypt. I am looking forward to hearing and collaborating with all of you. Sincerely Yours.
Hamdino Ahmed, Horticulture Research Institute, Egypt

Mon, 1 Oct 2007
Dear all,
Thank you very much for participating in the orphan (under-researched) crops conference held in Bern. I hope we have met the objectives of the conference and especially for us it is a good experience to host such a conference. We are also pleased to receive a from you a number of positive feedbacks. I hope Prof. Felix Dakora will organize the next conference in 2-3 years in South Africa. A lot participants are interested to have access to power point presentations of oral speeches. Before we post these presentations on our orphan crops website, we want to ask speakers if they agree. Hence, dear speakers please inform us if you are against posting your presentation in the earliest possible time. We also need your response if you agree to posting. With best regards,
Zerihun Tadele, Co-organizer of the conference, University of Bern, Switzerland.

Mon, 1 Oct 2007
Dear Tadele,
Thanks again for organizing the very useful and interesting conference. Best wishes,
Philipp Aerni, ETH Zürich, Switzerland.

Mon, 1 Oct 2007
Dear Zerihun,
Many thanks to you and your colleagues for your organizing nice Congress. Sincerely,
Roberto Tuberosa, University of Bologna, Italy.

Mon, 1 Oct 2007
Dear Zerihun,
Thank you for organizing the meeting. Best regards,
Henk Schouten, Wageningen University, The Netherlands.

Mon, 1 Oct 2007
Dear Zerihun,
Thank you very much organizing the conference. It was a highly interesting event and a very good occasion for me to get updated on new technologies and their application in orphan crop breeding. Unfortunately, I had to leave earlier and could not thank you personally for the perfect organization of the conference. Thank you very much again and with best regards,
Gabriele Schachermayr, Indo-Swiss Collaboration in Biotechnology, Lausanne, Switzerland.

Mon, 1 Oct 2007
Dear Zerihun,
Thank you for organizing the conference and it was a great opportunity to meet so many like-minded people and I hope we can continue interacting to promote the conservation and us of the under-utilized crops. Best regards,
Dan Kiambi, International Crops Research Institute for Semi-Arid Tropics, Nairobi, Kenya.

Mon, 1 Oct 2007
Dear Zerihun,
Thanks for a very successful conference. More grease to your elbows! I also hope that Prof. Felix Dakora will follow your suggestion. The only envisage problem is probably funding which I hope you will assist if needs be. Greetings to your family.My regards.
Abolade S Afolabi, Biotechnology Advanced Laboratory, Abuja, Nigeria.

Mon, 1 Oct 2007
Dear Friends,
It was indeed a great pleasure meeting all of you in Bern and I value the many interactions we had both at a personal and corporate level. I hope that the momentum we created on collaboration for the improvement of under-utilized crops will live on and bear dividends. My sincere appreciation goes to Zerihun and his team for organizing an excellent conference bringing together professionals from many different countries and professional backgrounds. Let us build upon the gains made in the conference to move Africa's under-utilized crops to the next level. During the conference, I floated the idea of initiating an e-conference so that we can continue exchange ideas. I hope Zerihun can pick this idea and run with it. I look forward to fruitful interactions with as many of you as possible in future. With kind regards,
Dan Kiambi, International Crops Research Institute for Semi-Arid Tropics, Nairobi, Kenya

Mon, 1 Oct 2007
Dear Zerihun,
Thank you again for organizing the conference and invitation to participate. Best regards,
Andrzej Kilian, Diversity Arrays, Technology Ltd., Yarralumla, Australia.

Mon, 1 Oct 2007
Thanks for the opportunity of having us all!
Boukar Ousmane Boukar, International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA), Nigeria.

Tue, 2 Oct 2007
Dear Dr. Tadele,
Thanks once more for the opportunity to be at the conference. my yahoo address has been giving me problems since I returned and that is why the protratced silence. I will appreciate if you do contact me on this new email untill otherwise. I am also eager to receive any earlier information sent out to my old yahoo adress to be forwarded to this present email. Any information on the e-communication so far? pls let me know and send our compliments to Prof. Chris once again.
Emmanuel Kwon-Ndung, Nasarawa State University, Keffi, Nigeria.

Tue, 2 Oct 2007
Dear Dr. Tardele,
Thank you very much for the organization of this interesting conference. Best regards.
Christof Sautter, ETH Zurich, Switzerland

Tue, 2 Oct 2007
Dear Sir,
I am very grateful to you for hosting such a wonderful, very well organized, excellent, brain storming speaks, discussions and a successful conference in a great city. This conference was an excellent opportunity for a PhD student like me which I could make it up with your kind cooperation and support from KhT. This was my first and a very memorable experience which is boosting me to contribute further for the upliftment of the underutilized crops of India and Africa. Thanks and Regards.
Nethra N, University of Agricultural Sciences, Bangalore, India.

Wed, 3 Oct 2007
Dear Zerihun
Thank you so much for everything you and Cris did to make this conference memorable for all the participants and we have lot to do for the progress and success in this important subject. It was great meeting everyone let us keep this enthusiasm and move to positive actions. With best wishes and kind regards.
Promila Kapoor-Vijay, Zurich University, Switzerland.

Admin
Admin

https://orphancrops.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down